For most note taking tools with links versus tags in terms of functionality this is the general rule of thumb I’ve taken:
Links are for expressing relationships and tags are for expressing membership.
- #SMD The Zettelkasten that I talked abut in today’s session is Soren Bjornstad’s Zettelkasten. It is a very good example of a Zettelkasten - with two key points that I was trying to make:
- Use links to express relationships
- Use tags to express membership
- Soren speak very fast
- The YT video is long
- If you are not familiar with Tiddlywikis, I would recommend watching only the first 15 minutes, which is about Zettelkastens.
- The discussion of linking is at 8:12 and the discussion of tagging starts at 9:40. If anyone has questions about, or is interested in Tiddlywikis, just ask. 1
- broader terms (BT): links tags taxonomies
- narrower terms (NT):
- related terms (RT):
- used for (UF) or aliases:
connected ideas: links vs tags